Find the perfect present for your loved ones with our hearing-impaired gift guide for all ages. No matter what you give, their favorite present will always be spending time together during the holidays.
Children and Teens
Adjusting to hearing loss and hearing aids can be tough for adolescents. Check out these gift ideas that will make their transition easier.
- American Girl Dolls with hearing aids: Have a favorite doll fitted for hearing aids at the store or purchase one with hearing aids already in place.
- Phone apps: Available for iPhones and Androids, apps offer services like voice-to-text transcription, mobile sound amplifiers and American Sign Language lessons.
- Skinit: Your kids can personalize their hearing aids and cochlear implants with Skinit decals. The prints are easily changeable and won’t leave behind any residue.
- Hearing aid decorations: Device decorations are another great way for kids and teens to dress up their hardware to their liking.
Give the gift of ease and accessibility with these alert systems for the seniors in your family.
- Smart jewelry: Stay in style and never miss another notification. Rings, bracelets and necklaces are available with vibration or light technology to subtly alert you to incoming texts, calls and emails. Some jewelry also tracks daily fitness statistics.
- Digital doorbell: Digital doorbells are equipped with video monitors that send alerts to your smart phone, so you don’t have to leave your chair to see who’s at the door.
- Captioned telephones: Captioned telephones transcribe incoming phones calls across an easy-to-read monitor making them an awesome gift idea for independent seniors.
Young and old will enjoy these hearing-assistance devices that will make daily routines and activities easier to enjoy.
- Hearables: One of the most popular hearing devices, Hearables function similarly to hearing aids. The devices go in your ear and have the capability to improve hearing, sync to smart phones and filter or enhance certain sounds.
- Light up/vibrating alarm clock: For those who need an extra boost out of bed, these alarm clocks use gradual light exposure and vibrations to deliver an alternative wake up call they won’t miss.
- TV hearing device: Your loved one won’t have to worry about missing details on movie night. TV listening devices remotely amplify sound to a person’s preference without turning up the volume on the TV.
Help your loved ones enjoy the holidays to the fullest. Call Audiology Services of Marin at 415-461-9703 or schedule an appointment online to learn more about our services.